The explosion accident of bulk cement tank trucks has a great impact, not only endangering public safety and causing huge losses of life and property. As a manufacturer of cement tank trucks, customers often ask us questions like this:
Q: Cement tank trucks are not dangerous goods, how could they explode?
A: Because the bulk cement transportation tanker is under pressure transportation, the tank has a limited pressure valve. If the tank is modified, or after non-professional maintenance, or if the operator negligently and improperly operates, it may cause excessive gas pressure in the tank explosion!
Causes of the explosion of the cement tank truck
(1) Modification or improper maintenance will also cause damage to the original tank, resulting in uneven pressure bearing. The modified or repaired parts are likely to be broken when the pressure is too high, causing the tank to crack or even explode.
(2) Improper operation will also cause an explosion of the cement tank truck. The video below shows that a man unauthorizedly opened the lid of the tank mouth when there was a large air pressure inside the cement tank truck, resulting in an accident.
The tank pressure of cement tank trucks is generally controlled by humans, and explosion accidents are mostly caused by improper operation. Here, we solemnly remind that operators of cement tank trucks should pay attention to the following points:
(1) Bulk cement tank trucks are prone to excessive pressure during the entire discharge operation, which can be divided into three cases: the discharge valve is opened late in the pressurization stage before discharge, which causes excessive pressure; The gas volume is larger than the discharge volume of the tank, which is easy to cause excessive pressure; the pipeline clogging during the discharge process is easy to cause excessive pressure.
(2) If you need to open the tank cover of the tank truck, you must ensure that there is no pressure difference between the inside and outside of the tank (observe the pressure gauge pointer is “0”) to operate. When the negative pressure is in the tank, the cover cannot be opened due to huge pressure, but it is more dangerous when it is overpressure (positive pressure).
(3) During the loading and unloading operations, the operator needs to monitor the pressure and discharge conditions in the tank at all times, and must ensure that the air compressor is in good working condition. During the ash discharging process, the state of the pressure gauge and the pressure relief valve must be kept in mind! If it is found that the pressure in the tank exceeds the specified pressure, pressure reduction measures shall be taken immediately. Many drivers like to sleep or leave the scene at this time, which is very dangerous. During the loading and unloading process, if there are abnormalities in the air compressor or pipeline valves, emergency stop measures should be taken immediately to stop the work to ensure foolproof.
Bulk cement tank trucks are usually equipped with several safety devices: pressure gauge, safety valve, pressure relief valve, blow-off valve, etc. The pressure gauge is used to monitor the pressure in the tank; the safety valve is used for automatic exhaust and pressure reduction when the pressure in the pipeline and the tank exceeds the working pressure; the pressure relief valve is used for excessive pressure during the discharge process or artificial exhaust after discharge Depressurization; Blow-off valve to prevent pipeline blockage during discharge.
Bulk cement transportation companies must pay attention to the quality of equipment, not just low prices; do not refit vehicles privately. If you really need them, you must consult the opinions of regular tank truck manufacturers; vehicle maintenance must go to regular repair shops, do not want to repair cheaply ; At the same time, strengthen the safety education and standardized operation training for drivers and operators.